Smoke Damage Restoration Services
Water Fire Mold of Lynchburg proudly serves Lynchburg, VA and our certified smoke damage restoration experts use the most advanced processes and equipment in the industry and apply systematic best practices honed over the 30-plus years we’ve been in the business. We put the highest value on open communication and customer service and document the entire fire damage restoration process.
For smoke damage restoration, call Water Fire Mold of Lynchburg at (434) 478-0843.
Common Fire Scenarios
At Water Fire Mold of Lynchburg we’ve seen it all, and fixed every kind of fire and smoke damage imaginable. Here are the most common causes of fires and smoke damage at homes and businesses:
- Lint buildup in dryers
- Electrical fires (faulty/aged wiring, overloaded electrical outlets)
- Kitchen grease fires (and stove burners accidentally left “on”)
- Accidental igniting of flammables, such as gasoline, propane, lighter fluid and solvents
Just Had a Fire? Here's What to Do Now
What to do:
- Follow all safety instructions provided by your local fire department personnel.
- Move pets and kids to a smoke-free environment. Smoke contains carcinogenic gases that can affect their health. Start with a neighbor you trust for immediate aid then move them to a temporary home with friends or family until the fire restoration is complete.
- Open all the windows. This will get air moving to push the smoke out of the rooms.
- Make that call – you will need professional help, so before you get too busy, hire a fire remediation specialist who can start work on getting your home or business back the way it was. Insurance policies require that you take reasonable steps to “mitigate damages,” from tarping a damaged roof to boarding windows and making sure smoldering is stopped. Water Fire Mold of Lynchburg provides estimates, has years of experience and is available when you need us most.
- Call your insurance company. All policies require that homeowners and businesses report their loss “as soon as reasonably possible.”
- Empty your refrigerator and freezer if there is no power. Once empty, prop the door open to prevent odors from building up inside.
- Inventory the contents of your home. Make a list of all items that need replacing. Take pictures of the damage, too. You will need copies for the insurance company, for your own personal records and possibly for the fire investigation authorities. Make up to five copies to have on hand just in case.
What not to do:
Our smoke damage restoration experts have the proper safety equipment to get the work done properly without any risks.