Mold Removal Contractors in Timberlake Virginia
Water Fire Mold of Lynchburg is a mold removal contractors proudly serving Timberlake, VA. If you have a mold situation in your home or business, you need certified professionals who can safely and effectively take care of the problem. As a mold removal contractors with mold experts on-staff in Timberlake, VA, we use the most advanced tools and equipment in the industry and apply systematic best practices we’ve developed over the 30-plus years we’ve been in the business.
For mold removal contractors in Timberlake Virginia, call Water Fire Mold of Lynchburg at (434) 478-0843.
Our Mold Inspection Service and Mold Abatement Process
Mold remediation consists of determining the mold’s location and scope, identifying the type of mold, and then safely and completely killing the mold. In a small number of cases where moisture has caused structural rot, it is necessary to tear-out moldy areas and repair / reconstruct.
The first step in any mold abatement process is a thorough mold inspection completed by a mold specialist. There are multiple approaches to actual mold cleanup or remediation. A Water Fire Mold of Lynchburg mold and remediation specialist will work with you to decide on the best approach for your space, depending on variables such as:
- the cause of the mold
- the scope of the mold
- the type of mold
- the condition of the surface affected - drywall, wood, cinder block, cement, etc
Water Fire Mold of Lynchburg's expert mold remediation includes:
- Mold Inspection: A Water Fire Mold of Lynchburg contractor will come into your home to identify moldy areas as well as the source of the problem. The contractor will then formulate a mold remediation plan.
- Mold Containment: The source of the moisture problem is addressed and the affected area is closed off to avoid contaminating the rest of your home with mold spores stirred up during the removal process.
- Air Filtration: HEPA filters will be used to clean the air of mold spores and other particles. The Water Fire Mold of Lynchburg specialist will also wear goggles and masks to lessen any exposure to airborne contaminants.
- Mold Removal: Building materials and personal belongings in your home can be affected. Since mold is a living organism and deeply ingrains itself into materials to survive, it is best to dispose of anything porous. The safest and most effective way to ensure mold doesn’t return is to remove affected material. Nonporous materials can be cleaned with antimicrobial cleaners and sealants may be used to make treated areas more resistant to water and mold.
- Structural Drying: It is imperative that cleaned and repaired items remain thoroughly dry. Remember, excessive moisture is how the issue started. As a result, your Water Fire Mold of Lynchburg mold remediation specialist will likely cover moisture management strategies to ensure your home doesn’t encounter future issues.
- Home or Business Repair: The reconstruction process will begin after all mold-contaminated materials are removed. Clean, mold-free materials will replace what was previously contaminated.
- Mold Testing: Following remediation, we search for any signs of recurrent water damage, moldy odors or visible mold to ensure the cleanup has been complete.
Health Risks of Mold
About 50 to 100 common types of indoor mold have the potential to create health problems. Due to the health risks associated with mold exposure, it is best to have mold remediation conducted as soon as possible. Though the type of reaction depends upon the mold present, according to both the EPA and CDC all molds have the potential to cause health issues such as:
- Breathing Difficulties
- Persistent Cough or Cold Symptoms
- Burning or Irritation of the Eyes, Nose, Throat or Lungs
- Asthma Attacks
- Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis
- Skin Irritation
- Allergic Reactions
- Opportunistic Infections in Immune-Compromised Individuals