Air Duct And Hvac Cleaning Services in Sandusky Virginia
You spend a lot of time and money ensuring that your Sandusky, VA home or business is clean and safe for your family, friends, employees or customers, but what about the air? Your Sandusky, VA home’s heating, ventilating and cooling (HVAC) systems circulate air via ductwork throughout your home. Dirt, particles, dust and dander build up over time in the metal air ducts that deliver cool and warm air from your furnace and air conditioner. While the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has been unable to prove or disprove the notion, many understandably believe that particles circulate into your indoor air when air blows though dirty vents.
Our professionals use the most advanced tools and equipment in the industry and apply systematic duct cleaning best practices honed over years in the business. We put the highest value on open communication and customer service, and we fully inspect your ductwork before going ahead with full HVAC cleaning.
For air duct and hvac cleaning in Sandusky Virginia, call Water Fire Mold of Lynchburg at (434) 478-0843.
Signs You Need Air Duct And Hvac Cleaning
The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) recommends air duct cleaning every three to five years. You might need air duct cleaning more often, however, if you have not changed your furnace filter regularly (we’re all busy; we understand) or if you had home renovations completed (construction dust). It's especially important to hire a professional, respected air duct cleaning service company if you know or suspect your home has one of these:
Common Contaminants in Indoor Air and Air Ducts
The EPA says that indoor air is often many times more polluted than outdoor air. Many of these contaminants get stuck or even grow in the ductwork, possibly being re-circulated into the air you breathe. According to the EPA, "Contaminated central air handling systems can become breeding grounds for mold, mildew and other sources of biological contaminants and can then distribute these contaminants through the home."
These are the most common indoor air contaminants:
- Bacteria & Viruses
- Mold Spores
- Pet Dander
- Animal and Insect Droppings
- Dust Mites
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) from household cleaning products and construction supplies like paints, varnishes and glues
Our Air Duct and AC Duct Cleaning Process
When you hire Water Fire Mold of Lynchburg to clean your ductwork, our technicians will follow these steps:
- Inspect the system before cleaning, including checking to make sure no asbestos is present. If this is the case, special equipment is needed to remove it.
- Lay protective covers over household furnishings and carpet during the cleaning process.
- Vacuum out the ductwork and either exhaust the air to the outside or use equipment fitted with a HEPA filter if the vacuum exhausts to the interior.
- Brush off duct surfaces with a soft-bristled brush to dislodge dust and debris.
- Remove animal nests and other evidence of pests.
- Remove any damp insulation that may have caused mold.
- Seal and insulate the ductwork to prevent air infiltration. Re-insulate any access doors that were necessary to open for cleaning to take place, and any damp insulation that was removed.