Your Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Experts
Serving Lynchburg, VA and the Surrounding Cities.
Our certified fire remediation experts use the most advanced processes and equipment in the industry. We will apply the systematic best practices honed over the 30-plus years we’ve been in the business. We put the highest value on open communication and customer service and document the entire fire damage restoration process.
Just Had a Fire? Here's What to Do Now
Do the following:
- Follow all safety instructions provided by your local fire department personnel.
- Move pets and kids to a smoke-free environment. Smoke contains carcinogenic gases that can affect their health. Start with a neighbor you trust for immediate aid then move to a temporary home with friends or family until the fire restoration is complete.
- Open all the windows. This step will get air moving to push the smoke out of the rooms.
- Make that call. You will need professional help. Before you get too busy, hire a fire remediation specialist who can start work on getting your home or business back the way it was. Insurance policies require you take reasonable steps to mitigate damages, from tarping a damaged roof to boarding windows and making sure smoldering is stopped. We are available when you need us most. Call (434) 847-0000 right now.
- Call your insurance company. All policies require that homeowners and businesses report their loss as soon as reasonably possible.
- Empty your refrigerator and freezer if there is no power. Once empty, prop the door open to prevent odors from building up inside.
- Inventory the contents of your home. Make a list of all items that need replacing, and take pictures of the damage, too. You will need copies for the insurance company, for your records and possibly for the fire investigation authorities. Have up to five copies to have on hand just in case.
What not to do:
Our fire restoration experts have the proper safety equipment to get the work done correctly without any risks.
WE CAN HELP!
Let Us Take Care Of The Clean-Up
Common Fire Scenarios
We’ve seen it all and have fixed every kind of fire and smoke damage imaginable. Here are the most common causes of fires and smoke damage at homes and businesses:
- Lint buildup in dryers
- Electrical fires (faulty/aged wiring, overloaded electrical outlets)
- Kitchen grease fires (and stove burners accidentally left on)
- Accidental igniting of flammables, such as gasoline, propane, lighter fluid and solvents